22 June 2014

Songs of the Month


Hello, it is officially almost two days after The Color Run. I was so psyched to be there! And you'll get slither of how my experience went soon. And by soon, I mean when they actually send to my email, because with all this excitement, I just want to enjoy sharing my experience with you ASAP, but now there's a delay.




Since it is Summer (this shouldn't be capitalized, but I "say I'm a rebel" (you'll understand the ","'s soon!), I finally have time to listen to some of my favorite song artists. I think it's kinda ideal to love one song, and explore other songs from the artist or band who sang it. I finally get to explore! I never got to think that this is My Summer of Exploration, like in the books you read and movies you watch.

I'm such a girly girl when it comes to songs. Let me see, I have my playlist about #Love and one about songs that make me feel like I'm in New York. I listen to this playlist at Starbucks, 'cause, well Starbucks is much like any café in and of itself in New York. Oh, and I also have a playlist from songs in my childhood, which I absolutely love to listen to to reminisce or to find a muse for my stories and artwork (JSYK: I'll be posting one of my drawings in the near future ; )

And I also have my Summer Playlist which has expanded in size over the recent years. Check it out by clicking the glowing link!

So  this week, I fell in immense love for Andy Grammer and Ellie Goulding, constantly repeating Andy's (ya hear: we're already besties) song, Crazy Beautiful and Ellie's song, Human. As you can probably tell, I'm a little behind music wise, but I'm gradually catching up.

Grammer's song just has a soft, and smooth tension to it that just makes me feel like hugging him. Crazy Beautiful pretty much describes how "cra-crazy beautiful", "strange, strange, and wonderful" his girl is regardless of her mediocre and seemingly minor flaws. That's reassuring, right?

Grammer's songs never seem to disappoint me, because his songs are on the verge of being realistic enough for me to not hate his songs. After hearing it, I'm sure you would agree that he would be the perfect Summer BF for you! And he hasn't been arrested in the public eye yet, so that's reassuring if you can't stand him!



And Ellie's song, Human, allows the reader to empathize with how hard it can be to fit in, but not necessarily the way one would actually relate to. I'm sure the song is depicting her as a robot or other intricate creature that. like Pinocchio, wants to be a "real" human. Despite her already being alive, she doesn't function with a heart or other organs like all other tangible creature we see on a daily basis.

Don't you feel for her? I certainly do. I mean, every one creature: a dog, snail, Pikachu, human, even wants one thing or another, but to want something that you want unconditionally, but can't, is surely something I can't even bear with at all, if it is that important!

I just love how the verses just slide along the musical scale. And when she hits those high notes, BOOM! Flawless! I however, don't like how she just repeats the chorus, like in any typical song. I guess that's just how a chorus goes, right? But seriously, the chorus was a turn-off as it kept repeating.

On a side note: Once I'm obsessed with a song, I have to sing to it, so if you're not a "lyrics"-type person, then, uh, deal with it! Seriously, there aren't any official music videos that I know of yet.



I hope you agree with what everything. If you don't feel free to comment. I'll make sure to reply!!^=^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top