05 July 2014

Color Run 2014 Experience

As I have been enthusing about for quite a while, I have brought forth some of the many treasurable pictures of my epically and odd Color experience! (Let me throw in an extra emphasis on COLOR!!!)

We were very well ready, me to run, and my friend Delaney just wanting to walk peacefully. What's so wonderful about absolute friends is that they make you do things you would have never thought about ever doing. From start sign, to start sign, and a few hopeless giggles reassuring our patience, we were set, protruding near the Dodgers Stadium and along Sunset (Crap, I'll need to show you the L.A. scene soon, sorry but my technology is pretty slow!).

Around some corner, we approached Blue and agreed to run threw each color arena, just before we caught a few pix of the absolutely adorable signs they had near each color station, which you can find most of them in the collage I made recently.

What an odd way to say Happy Summer!!!
One turn-off might just be that as we were nearing the end of the run, each of the color sprayers got lazier. With that said, by Yellow, the last station, everyone was more or less one or two colors (blue and Pink, in which the sprayers were lively and energetic, being the beginning of the run), no yellow at all, whatsoever. (Curse you Yellow Angels!!!). Purple so happened to be my fave because like I said (or typed) my friend convinced my to roll over, on the freeway (which, by the way, was closed for the occasion) in the abundant misty purple powder that couldn't color anyone! Which is precisely something that wouldn't have occurred to me at all in any stage of my life! I mean, how often do you have the opportunity to make #Colorangels on the freeway?


Following the, as I would call "The Most Beautiful Mess", we clustered in what seemed to be a mosh pit, frantically jumping up and down to songs like Roar, and Die Young by the notable Katy Perry and Kesha (whose name is no longer spelled with a $ sign--Side note: I applaud your efforts, Kesha!!!) while the DJ threw Color Run themed items. I so badly wanted the fedora!!!
I did however, manage to find a bracelet he threw, which is still amazing, nonetheless!

Extra color packs (filled with color powder) were also thrown into the audience for, when at the chorus of songs like the ones mentioned above, throwing spontaneously so that, well, let's just say the bright sun could not be seen in sight because of all the color powder!

By 11:30 Pacific coast time, time seemed to pass me. The sun shone from the same angle from when we first arrived at 8:30 or so! I know I make it sound like a  bad thing, but I realized that, Wow, this is what summer is supposed to feel like. To be bluntly honest, I have never had any real "fun" in my life, and for the day to be so superlative above all others, I was definitely stoked to have experienced something so extraordinary!

The aftermath included going to Whole Foods to eat a little, sleeping in the car, and wandering L.A. to find a beach. Well, how could you not find one, right? I think you would hate me for hating beaches, but let me say, it was INSANE being there because I was with my friend--and not family (which I love all the time, except when they don't give me privacy--haha jk <3 p="">

Would consider going to the Color Run next year? It's a no-brainer! Yes!!! To endure new adventures and surprise myself so more!






Me with one of my very good friends, Delaney at theawkward-ness.blogspot.com
Check her out!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top