15 December 2017

Riding the Polar Express!!! + Song of the Month


WELCOME!

This time of the year, I would always like to watch my all-time favorite Christmas movie, The Polar Express! It all started just about, what, five years ago (why am I asking you), well and my sister received the DVD for Christmas and insisted on watching it. Well, I couldn't disagree! The second the movie ended, I couldn't help but cry at the amazing song, "Believe" sung by Josh Groban.

The movie begins when a boy (whose name is never identified) is going to bed. Nothing unusual. He's very observant as he silently questions why his parents leave out milk and cookies for Santa and convince his sister that a Santa exists. Clearly, he's not convinced that Santa is real.

Though, in the middle of the night, he's woken up to a subtly reverberating sound of a train on tracks that never existed outside on his street. Onward, his curiosity guides him as he chooses to embark on a journey to the North Pole via The Polar Express.

If I could sum up this movie without spoiling it, I would say Tom Hanks. Hanks fills the movie with his iconic voice, and through several characters as well. He really makes the movie and fills it with the necessary nostalgia, warmth and coziness, and sentiment that the movie needs. 

No spoilers here, but hope you see the movie, if you haven't already. It's truly a great family film, so maybe you can pick it for your family movie night or what have you.

That said, my favorite Christmas song (of the multitude of Christmas songs that blare throughout your house) and thus the Song of the Month is Josh Groban's "Believe", which is the motif of this movie--to not just believe in the impossible, but also to believe in oneself. So here it is, folks:


Before I forget, HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you all!! I celebrate Christmas, but Christmas is not the only holiday that's celebrated around this time. I feel like a lot of people forget that. Regardless, it's the holiday season and want all of my readers to feel welcome and appreciated.

Just an Update: I will not be blogging next week . . . at all. Not only will I be lounging around, enjoying holiday festivities, and what not, but I will also being doing my annual year in review (even though I haven't done it in several years for hiatus). That said, Year in Review works this way: I do a blog post every day, starting a week before New Years, so starting directly on Christmas Eve, and these posts are categorical, so one day will be economics this year (strictly in the US), politics, pop culture (music, literature, movies, products, etc.). Again, since I will be blogging for a whole week, that will need my undivided attention, because that's the equivalent of a month and a half of my blogging time nestled in just one week, so seven posts that would normally equate seven weekly posts. I'll be tired, but I love doing this and I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top