31 December 2014

2014: Year in Review | Day 1

Hey, hey, hey *I say like Fat Albert over the interweb*

It is without a doubt that there have infinities within each day, hour, minute, and second. Golly there is so much to talk about that I had to blog about each as the occurred throughout the year. (That's literally where all my blogging time went throughout the year--*haha snicker*)

Well, where do we start?


Ten Year Anniversary

  • Friends finale
  • Mean Girls
  • 13 Going on 30: A personal fave. In person, you can often find me quoting the movie and grooving to the glazy 80s jams. One thing I absolutely love about the movie is the impeccable movie scores by the likewise impeccable Theodore Shapiro (Find him at............)
  • Lost premiere: The seven-season ABC7 that ended on May 23rd 2010 (I just know by fact)

Celebrity News

  • Joan Rivers' death: gfoj
  • Bill Cosby accusations: uygougpu
  • Robin Williams' death: lgugp
  • Mike Nicholls' death: What a tragedy! I love Diane Sawyer and to think of this happening to her is well, I don't know. Know one could have seen this so soon. Sawyers is a strong women, and wish her best of luck. Nicholls is renowned for being a produced of theater and movies, and is also known for discovering such artists as Whoopee Goldberg, whom I also adore!
  • Amanda Bynes:
  • Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher's baby!
  • Connor Franta's coming out
  • Rosie O'donnel returns to The View: Following the feud with Elizabeth Hasselback, she returns to the long-running show to add her perspectives and inputs on the show. Personally, Hasselback was never a favorite of mine because I always found her defending and arguing over simple things--kinda like my sister (luv ya sis! <3 li="">
  • Barbara Walters retires: She retired from ABC entirely and while its odd to not see her all of the time (which kinda got annoying while she was on air), I still respect her for being the first known woman to stand as a female anchor. She return for her Barbara Walter's 10 Most Fascinating 2014.
  • Drew Barrymore's birth of her second child, Frankie Barrymore Kopelman.
  • Maya Angelou's death.: Will always love your writing; luckily I can't to live in the same world and at the same time as you~

Premieres

  • Girl Meets World: Oh, dear, who could ever forget Corey and Topanga (that's why I added this first.)? I watch every episode quietly to re-encounter the journey through C+T's two children. I especially love the tension between Riley and Lucas, the Topanga of this new generation! Sabrina Carpenter brings the Shawn to the show as Maya, the rebellious yet loyal friend, while Minkus' son (Farkle) could be overcame with friendliness over his own self-involvement. I highly recommend watching the show if you love Boy Meets World whether you weren't born when the show ended or if you lived through the tears, emotion, and moralistic nature of the prequel.
  • Forever: Another mystery show, but about a doctor who's seen everything in the book--because he lives forever! I highly recommend it if you love mystery and crime shows, as I do, but to some, it may seem like another generic and predictable show of the genre! Your choice!
  • The Fault in our Stars
  • The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1:
  • Interstellar
  • Begin Again: I WILL RIGHT A SEPARATE ARTICLE ON THIS PARTICULAR MOVIE
  • The Maze Runner: l I just didn't like: I am more of a person who empathizes with women (obviously), so to see a Katniss or whatever as a male just doesn't suit me. I'm sorry. On another note, I fell asleep reading the summaries of the upcoming book renditions.
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past: pi I can't emphasize enough how much I love Marvell--seriously since birth--so the fact that The Avengers II will come out soon is so surreal.
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: oihpioj[ Marvel, again! Howevery, this movie depicts people not necessarily with powers, but abilities to manipulate chemistry (so I believe from my current Chemistry class that I don't care for). It's also different, because it primarily occurs in the galaxy, unlike, well, any of the Marvel movies.
  • The Lego Movie: kjhij[p OMG: this movie was just so OMG!! It was so cute that I found myself screaming AWWWW the entire time through its hilarity and sympathetic moments.
  • Maleficent: A movie I am yet to see.
  • Dumb and Dumber To:
  • Godzilla:
  • Gone Girl: ho The movie and book sound a little too graphic for my tastes, but nonetheless, I love a twisted something something!
  • Big Hero 6
  • Lucy: jhpi I initially wanted to see this movie until I started AP Psych, realizing how scientifically incorrect it was. But the plot sounds good, I need more feedback!
  • This is Where I Leave You: I bought the book, not knowing it would be a movie....so I need to catch up~
  • The Interview:
  • Into the Woods: a movie I am yet to see--looks good, though!
  • Laggies
  • Boyhood: A movie I personally want to see as it follows a boy from over several years, growing up. This same boy filmed this; I mean he actually starred and filmed his life in this indie movie that you must see!
  • What if: giuhp
  • Jersey Boys
  • Sex Tape

Controversy

  • Ebola

Cancellations and Renewals:

http://www.tv.com/news/canceled-renewed-tv-shows-summer-2014-140855672322/


Rising Stars

  • Iggy Azalea
  • Sam Smith
  • 5 Seconds of Summer

Music Hits

-Just: All About That Bass) no question about it, please!





Find me updating quotes, clips, and pix of loveable and informative memories of 2014 throughout the week. Don't miss anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top