21 July 2017

5 Reasons Why I Continue Blogging


Hello fellow Nurds,

So I was thinking about it only en route to my summer classes: Why do I still blog if seemingly no one is listening? And a lot of ideas, which could only be condensed into five solid ideas, swarmed into my head, before I nearly drifted to sleep a few minutes away from campus (obviously).


1) Blogging opens my horizons

Through this blog, I am able to explore my music, art form, poetry, and other areas of creativity in ways I wouldn't otherwise experience. This blog gives me an excuse to explore other outlets that inspire me 
avoid reality in a way. By posting weekly (and with that said, a deadline), I'm keeping this blog grounded and open-minded. With my outlets, namely Youtube (and the various channels it has to offer), of course of world of literature, inspiring women out there (especially women of color)m, and now Tumblr (if you haven't heard from last week's post, I created a Tumblr, so check out that post here and my Tumblr page here).

2) Therapy

Blogging just exposes a part of me that I cannot share to even the closest people in my life. That's not to say that I'm going to be ranting about peeps in my personal life. I want to discuss real content--events and phenomena that are actually happening in the world as well as any personal experiences that I could possibly offer from being multiethnic, transgender, and a multipotentialite.

I hope that the next nurd who stops by can get a sense of what this blog is all about (or rather what it will be about), you know, before they decide to never come back. Haha the point is, I hope this blog has some inch of influence, whether it be something learned, something thought upon, or something, reflected in some way. With that said, if someone stumbles on this site and I happen to help said someone who's struggling with the same issues or overcoming something I previously went through, then I'm glad this said helped them in whatever way it could. 

3) The opportunity for improvement

Even while on hiatus, I've been improving my blog mentally. The time away gave me an opportunity to rediscover and redirect the focus of my blog. I have been introduced and even reintroduced to outlets that support my focus on social activism and what I feel should be discussed in this light. I'm still fine that no one may be listening, but I hope to expand and I think optimism will get me there! There was an opportunity for change and I'm taking it. I look back at old blog posts and so many mistakes I've made, that I now know what direction I want to go in (even though I'm damn well sure I'm going to continue making mistakes). Oh well. It's all a learning process, right?


4) I have bigger and better plans

Yes, peeps. Although this blog may not seem like much more than me ranting or expressing my thoughts via one-ended discussions, I still do have plans to expand this blog to be what I've always envisioned it to be, but lost touch visualizing. As you may know, I was on a huge hiatus and even though I wasn't blogging, I was still thinking and planning. I found a direction. Not much will be said about these plans, but keep your eyes open. Currently, I'm attempting to code animals to adorn this blog, and more specifically, endangered species to raise awareness to these species that isn't publicized. So instead of me being a plain panda bear, I'll be a red panda bear!! YaY :D

On a side note, I'm doing a UCLA - College Talk series here come late August, so look out for that!

5) I WANT TO!  

Does this really need an explanation? This is my decision and my blog and what I say goes. So I'm glad I have the authority to make decisions for this blog that I can't make in my life. As someone who's been so limited, growing up as a lower-middle class citizen, it's just assuring to know that I am in control to some degree. 



What ideas do you peeps have for me? Anything you want to see on this blog? Just let me know in the comments below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top