25 November 2017

Song of the Month | November 2017


Nurds:

A year ago today, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life was released on Netflix. 

I had been anticipating on the Gilmore Girls revival because I had grown up with the series and wanted to not only find out what the last four words creator and writer Amy Sherman-Palladino had anticipated on ending the show during its original run, but also see how time his treating the characters and how they have developed in the past ten years since we had last seen them in Stars Hollow.

There have been so many disappointments with the revival, primarily regarding how it was written and shot, more than how the characters turned out. Inevitably, good characters falter; us real people do as well. We have our bad times and our good; we have the times when we're figuring things out and reevaluating our lives, which was the premise of A Year in the Life

You might be asking: Joss, why are you barely posting this a year later? 

Well, I wanted to parallel a year in their lives with a year in my life and evaluate how life is treating me so far. What have I accomplished in a year? And all that jazz. So I watched an episode per season and was content and inspired after each one. Additionally, I'm surprised that I was patient enough to actually wait for the seasons to pass to finally finish the revival. 

Here is "Reflecting Light" by Sam Phillips. You might recognize it from the very ending of the revival, during which, SPOILER, Luke and Lorelai finally get married (took them their sweet ass time), but right before the much anticipated final four words are revealed. You might also recognize it from Liz's wedding in Season 5, where you could see Luke and Lorelai dancing. Full freaking circle. Right?


Anyways, the song is reflective, nostalgic, and romantic and has helped brainstorm and clear my head whether on the bus or just walking back to my dorm.

How have you changed in the last year? Let me know!



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top