22 August 2017

Update!

Hello Nurds,

Here's a little reminder :)
Firstly, I want to say that I will be posting on Saturdays now. Fridays are technically still during the week for me (i.e. I still have tests and assignments and things to study in advance for), yet still a day when I have some relaxation. Saturdays, I have more freedom in my assignments and studying.

I just want to mention that I haven't blogged in a few weeks (even though I've been fairly consistent this summer in terms of posting) because my summer classes at UCLA have started and I have midterms right now. I needed a study break, so I decided to post this to take my mind off things and explain what's happening and where I've been.

My summer classes are online courses, so I have yet to actually move to UCLA. You're probably thinking, If you haven't moved in yet, why haven't you been blogging if you're still in the comfort of your own home? Well, UCLA is a new world and although I have been to college before, UCLA is its own stratosphere; that's why it's also known as a baby or new ivy. As you know, ivy leagues are hard to get into and even harder to survive and graduate (alive, nah, just kidding). That said, I needed to give my classes my undivided attention, especially because we're on the quarter system that is ten weeks per quarter, when in fact, summer courses are six weeks, so I'm fitting in ten weeks of material into six weeks. Mind you, I'm taking four classes, because well, I like suffering. In all seriousness, these are courses that generally interest me and that give me credit toward my major and toward my degree in general. You can check out what classes I'm taking by reading SUMMER PLANS.

I will blog this summer. The lucky thing about my classes is that I get to watch about 65 movies in six weeks and read a lot of great plays and even some screen plays so you can check out some movie and book reviews in the near future. I will post this week though and hopefully every week thereon. I should say in advance when I will not be posting or if I will be on hiatus. After all, since I'm making blogging more permanent, I am bound to make some mistakes and learn from them.

This week in particular, I'll blog about diversity and the importance of the movie Moonlight and why I feel that we need it now. I will also prepare a post about the movie Her and include a Song of the Month for that.

Also, check out for College Talk videos that I will be starting next Saturday regarding my experience at UCLA orientation. This will be a series on my blog that I hope you will find useful and they won't only be about UCLA. I'll do study tips and things to buy as well as utilizing your campus resources talks, etc.

Oh, and I hope you love the red panda I coded and learned a thing or two about the endangered species. What other species would you want me to code? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top